Wednesday, October 12, 2011

      it happened again.. a continuation of my personal series of unfortunate events. it all started this morning with an exploding egg in the microwave. it was definitely not an ideal way to start my morning off. then it comes to THE most embarrassing moment of my life and i am not exaggerating. the following event is a true story.
      me and phoebe were cruising to biology lab on our bikes, she was sipping her diet coke fountain drink, and i was soaking in the good weather. we reach the part of campus that is usually packed with pedestrians and difficult to squeeze through. but we were victorious and crossed the sea of people. seconds later, as we continue down our path, phoebe mentions how close are bikes were together... and in that second her bike starts going down and it's bringing her with it. and then somehow it starts bringing mine down with it too. phoebe was lucky enough to get her feet underneath her and salvage herself and her precious diet coke. me on the other hand was not so lucky.
      i fly over my bike and somehow end up on the other side of phoebe, under my bike, under hers, and with phoebe hovering over me checking on my well being. there is mud all over my face along with scrapes on my hands and shin, and bruises in several different areas. i'm laughing hysterically this whole time because, heck, that's freaking hilarious! i finally sit up to see a sea of my fellow peers laughing, pointing, and mocking. i couldn't blame them, i would too if i were them. can i just emphasize for a second that this was in no way a graceful, discrete fall. it was a brutal, humiliating, attention getting, wreck!!
      me and phoebe finally stood to our feet and picked up our bikes. my bike somehow remained in good health... unfortunately hers will need some work, but she did save herself and her fountain drink so at least she had that. with phoebe unable to ride her bike the rest of the way, we tied our bikes up to the nearest pole and ditched those darn things. are amazing roommates, haley and kelley, came and picked us up from class and piled our bikes in the back of haley's truck.
      i think the best idea for me now is to lock myself in my room in hopes to prevent anymore unfortunate or humiliating events from occurring. i'll take as many crossed fingers i can get:)

the scene of the crime
one of the many
phoebe and her broken bike
that dang diet coke
the darned bikes!

8 comments:

  1. Baha! You take after your big sister (I'm referring to myself of course). That's one of those epic stories that you'll enjoy telling and those listening will enjoy hearing immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness girlfriend! Yikes! I am just glad you are okay. I may or may not have flipped over my handle bars once....ended up in the hospital with a broken collar bone. You are awesome for just laughing this off! Shows true confidence :) xx, MademoiselleMichael

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're okay!As I read every line one thought echoed through my head.."SO ME!" :P
    Thanks for following :)
    Love your blog-one of the few I've come across in a long time that ACTUALLY has meaningful writing on it.Memoirs.Experiences.Thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog...loved the story. Being able to laugh at yourself will keep you sane. I'm not graceful at all. I saw you are from Nashville?! Nashville is one of my all time favorite cities in America. Love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!! I'm glad you're alright! I have to admit, I am awful on bikes. Even the ones at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm glad i'm not the only one who has had bike trama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha oh God, sorry but I also had to laugh at this!

    I have had a bit of a bizarre experience involving bikes, but not on my behalf (it's a little off topic but I will share!). I was on a walk with my friend and there were two girls (around 10 years old or so) on their bikes and one girl tumbled on her bike but did not really fall off. Then later on, me and my friend were sat on some grass and the cheeky little sods came up to us and accused us of laughing at the girl 'falling off her bike' when she never and started having a go at us! Never even knew 10 year olds had the guts to go up to someone they don't even know and have a go at them.

    Swines.

    You have a lovely blog anyway and I hope all your cuts are gone now!

    Jazz xo
    http://cupcakesnsweets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete